Previous | Index | Next
Unknown FileType

My Models: [Master System II - PAL] [Master System/Power Base]
Unknown FileType
Manufacturer Sega
Main-Processor(s) Z80
Speed 3.57MHz
Memory 64KB
Co-processor(s) -
Colors 64 out of 256
Graphics 256x192
Sound 3 Sound Generators, Each Four Octaves, 1 White Noise
Media Cartridge (upto 1024KB)
Year 1986
My games 55
Unknown FileType

The SMS (Sega Master System) was Sega's answer to Nintendo's 8-bit NES (Nintendo Entertainment System). Technically superior, the system never became a big succes in the U.S. In Europe however it was rather the opposite. There are many factors contributing to the SMS' failure in gaining a significant amount of the market (statistics show the NES having 90% of the 8-bit market, with the SMS and Atari 7800 sharing the remaining 10%). One reason was Nintendo's third party policy (if you programmed for Nintendo, you programmed for the Nintendo only). Another simple reason was that Nintendo was released earlier.

Unknown FileType

Unknown FileType

OutRun Sonic the Hedgehog Wonderboy Penguin

Previous | Index | Next
©1999-2001 by Da Vince